HybridZ

Which ultralite gauges to get?

pjo046

I am going to buy a set of autometer ultralite gauges from summit.

Will get the tachometer, oil-pressure, oil-temperature, water temperature and fuel sender. But exept for the tachometer, I am not sure what to get. Mechanical or eletrical? Which of the fuel senders will work? Etc. If anyone can guide me, that would be great!!!

I went ahead and bought all electrical gauges. They cost more, but they are a lot cleaner of a install, and to me easier.

I'm sure your aware of the difference between the two? You just need to decide if you want a oil line running inside of your cabin, etc.

As far as the fuel sender, I can't answer that one. Are you still using the stock tank/sender? If so, some one here that has been there, done that, should be able to help you out on which ohm gauge works close to our oem senders.

Hope this helps...

good luck

joel

Yep, going to use the stock sender from the early 240Z fueltank.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great.

I am aware of the difference between the mechanical and electrical oil-pressure gauge. But as for the water-temp gauge, is it the same there? The mechanical one hooks up to a water line to measure the temp?

Anyways, I'll use all electrical ones too if that works! :-)

I recommend all electrical guages - unless you just prefer the Flintstones way of doing things.

Also, Autometer makes crap. My brand new $300 speedo only occasionally shows the odo. I've had other cars with autometer failures too. I recommend VDO if you can find them.