HybridZ

HELP PLEASE, spitts and sputters

Guest 280zx lover

Guest 280zx lover

Would somone please help me, when I start my 280zx it spitts, sputters, and pops but when it finally warms up it runs fine then for no reason sometimes it'll shutoff PLEASE HELP ME ! And could somone tell me where the fuel pump regulator is located Thanks.

the spitting and sputtering is not something i can help with until more information about the current state of the motor is known. the Fuel Presure Regulator is a metal barrel with a vacume line connected too it located amid the fuel rail assembly.

--gabe

I agree with the above two comments. There are many things that can cause your woes. Still I have to throw my two cents in. Popping through the intake may be due to a too-lean air/fuel ratio but that shouldn't make it suddenly die. While you're checking things (basics first!) you might want to check the resistance of the temp sensor. It is an NTC sensor meaning that the resistance goes down when the temp goes up. Rough numbers: 3,000 ohms cold and 300 ohms hot. Adusting the AFM for better driveability is easy but you have to be sure everything else is good. Have fun.