HybridZ

starts but doesnt run

Kevin.pk

basically my car will start but it wont continue to run after starting.

im stumped... fuel pressure is like 35psi... but i have an n/a pump cause my MSD pump broke on me and this is my temporary solution.

it will run slightly longer if i hold the key in the start position but dies right afterwards unless i have the pedal to the floor and then still ultimately dies.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

hmm it could be running WAY to rich and it's choking on itself..

is there black smoke?!

Check the electrical connections.. I know I know.. youll probably look right over it.. but try some electrical cleaner or brake cleaner and a toothbrush and get all that icky green tarnish that built up on the connections over the years.

If it's too rich.. adjust the AFM and see if it runs better

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/afm/index.html

Your Car Sounds Like Its Running On The Start Circuit But Not On The Run Circuit.i Don't Know What Type Of Coil Setup Your Car Has But The Earier Cars With The First Piontless Distributor Had A Step Down On The Voltage To The Coil.on The Start Circuit The Coil Got Full Voltage And When You Release The Key To Run It Is Reduced To Prevent The Stock Coil From Over Heating.its A Ceramic Reducer With Three Connections.i Put An Aftermarket Coil On Mine And Made A Jump Wire Between The Back Two Posts To Eliminate The Voltage Reduction.this Made The Coil Fire Hotter All The Time And The Plugs Ran Cleaner.i Had Installed A Start Button On My Car And Used It To Start The Car After I Had A Problem With My Ignition Switch. With The Key On Run And Using The Start Button It Would Start But Took A While When The Weather Was Cold.if It Turned The Key To Start While Pushing The Start Button It Started Much Faster Because It Trigered The Voiltage Bypass And Gave The Coil More Voltage And The Plugs A Hotter Fire. This Was Before I Made The Jump Wire.if Your Car Starts And Died Instantly I Would Think Your Run Citcuit Had A Priblem But If It Will Run A While Before Stoping It Sounds Like Not Enough Fire To The Plugs. Have You Checked The Color Of Your Spark? It Should Be Blue, If It Is Yellow The Secondary Winding Of Your Coil Could Be Going Bad.