HybridZ

Help with Wiseco pistons

I'm hoping someone who has been through this can help me out with a contact and/or specs. A month or so ago, I talked to people at both Summit and Wiseco about pistons for my turbo project, and had the same answer at both, not a stocking part, but we do them all the time, call us with the diameter and desired compression ratio, and we will get them done. Of course I lost my notes with contact info, I can't find anyone at Summit who knows anything but American V8's now, and all Wiseco can tell me is to complete a custom piston spec sheet. I have done the logical thing and talked to the machine shop and they are supposed to send me the info, but as difficult as this is proving to find I would like to be able to double check from a few different resources. I can find specs for NA pistons online, but have now found that some of the online stores are listing NA pistons for turbos. And as far as the machine shop measuring one, or sending in a sample, I don't have any turbo pistons, just NA's. Also, I found a post where someone on here posted a Summit / Wiseco number for these pistons, upon talking to Wiseco, this number is actually for RB25DET pistons, is there a trick there ?

Specs -

L28 N42 Block

P90 / P90A Head

1mm over, 87mm

Desired comp ratio ~8.5:1

I have heard / read in the past that the turbo piston is basically the same as the NA, as far as pin height and diameter and piston length, but that the ring lands are different, again, looking for the voice of experience here.

Thanks,

Jason

I went through Summit, but I bought Ross pistons. You can order them through Summit, pay Summit, then call Ross and tell them the specs you want along with the Summit P.O. #. Ross has a few L series piston specs on file, including turbo pistons. Also, you'll want to tell them that the price you paid included rings, clips and pins. I got my turbo pistons with rings, pins, and clips for $463.00 to my door!

I had to have my connecting rods modified to accept floating pins, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. If you are looking for 8.5:1 compression, then you don't really need the turbo dished pistons, just flat tops. Hope that helps.

Aaron

I went through Summit' date=' but I bought Ross pistons. You can order them through Summit, pay Summit, then call Ross and tell them the specs you want along with the Summit P.O. #. Ross has a few L series piston specs on file, including turbo pistons. Also, you'll want to tell them that the price you paid included rings, clips and pins. I got my turbo pistons with rings, pins, and clips for $463.00 to my door!

I had to have my connecting rods modified to accept floating pins, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. If you are looking for 8.5:1 compression, then you don't really need the turbo dished pistons, just flat tops. Hope that helps.

Aaron[/quote']

Yep, I'm looking for flat tops, so I suppose it will be easy enough to use the NA piston spec, and hopefully they can give me advice on ring lands, etc.

What are your experiences with Ross ? My research seemed to indicate Wiseco was probably the best, but the Ross are almost half the price...

Thanks,

Jason