HybridZ

240Z A/C install Help

qwik240z

I did a search but no luck.

Please help!

I am so close to getting my 240Z back on the road and need help with the A/C.

My car never had A/C but I picked up the components needed to install it.

I am having fitment issues with the evaporator unit that mounts under the dash on the passenger side.

Does anyone have a drawing or pictures to show how it is supposed to mount and hook up to the stock fan and vents?

Is there a special blower motor that needs to be used or do you just use the stock one?

The blower motor on my car seems too big to allow the unit to mount and I can't figure out how the unit ties in with the blower motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Those dealer add-on evaporators were basically shoved right under the blower housing. A couple of screws attached to the firewall on the backside of the unit , and a metal strap on the front side attached to a metal crossbar under the dash.

Basically, It was a cheesy install from the start by the dealerships. The evaporator only fit loosely on to the blower housing because of the poor mounting, causing poor AC performance. I've seen many kludges on junkyard cars to try to fix this, including tape, silicon, and home weatherstripping.

My solution was to pull the blower out, and attach the evaporator and blower housing together permanently with sheet metal, ensuring a tight fit. Then I re-installed the whole thing as an assembly. It was a pain to put it together this way. sorry-no pics.

If I had to do it again, I would probably look into a Vintage Air unit.