HybridZ

Stroker crank

Guest evil260z

Guest evil260z

HI all i live in australia and find it almost near impossible to find the ld28 crank, anywhere, so im appealing to you guys as i believe they are quite common over there,im wondering why nobody has built a stroker and turbocharged it? is there a reason for this?

anyhow id like to get my hands on one as im a machinist by trade and have constructed a 4 bolt bottom end L28 block that i wish to strock with a crank and add boost.Im not sure what their worth but im sure something could be sorted out, please any help in locating one would be much appreciated.

cheers ken.

I certainly would not say that they are common! More so than where you are but still difficult to locate and when you do they are $200 USD and up plus shipping.

You will see them on eBay but not weekly, it's a little more like monthly I think.

Trust me, if you watch http://www.zcar.com and http://www.ebaymotors.com you will see one sooner than later. Weekly may not be the right word, but they are fairly common on those two sites.

And yes, expect to pay $200 - $300 for one. To me, thats a cheap price for a performance part, especially a stroker crank..

Trust me' date=' if you watch [url']www.zcar.com[/url] and http://www.ebaymotors.com you will see one sooner than later. Weekly may not be the right word, but they are fairly common on those two sites.

And yes, expect to pay $200 - $300 for one. To me, thats a cheap price for a performance part, especially a stroker crank..

Yes, I never intended to imply that you would not see one...they do come up frequently enough but it is still a rare part. If you keep watching you WILL find one...eventually; I did. :)

Personally I always thought the price of this part was a bit high (but that's simple supply and demand, economics 101)...we are talking used and it's NOT a performance part, it's just a stock crank from a Maxima. We just happen to have found a way to use it to build a larger, better performing engine. A performance part would be if this were custom forged or something.

Ive got one that I would be willing to sell. They end up wieghing 70lbs in a full wooden crate. Shipping looks like it would be around $400 US

$400 just for shipping? Holy crap!! I never would have expected that...

I hope this guy has deep pockets for this part or is able to source one locally for his sake.

Guest evil260z

Thanks for your input guys, well by the sounds of the crank shipping etc i think i might be alot better off financially to go to an RB series engine or a late model v8 for the same cost of obtaining the crank alone, when i convert that to aussie dollars it racks up,just for a crank.It looks like ill be old and grey by the time i come across one down here,so in the meantime i may have to play with other alternatives,cheers all for your help.

Thanks for your input guys, well by the sounds of the crank shipping etc i think i might be alot better off financially to go to an RB series engine or a late model v8 for the same cost of obtaining the crank alone, when i convert that to aussie dollars it racks up,just for a crank.It looks like ill be old and grey by the time i come across one down here,so in the meantime i may have to play with other alternatives,cheers all for your help.

You might be just as well off having Rabello build you the engine and have the complete engine shipped to you. I have no idea what that would cost but if you could hook up with an importer or someone like that you may be able to get some discount rates on the shipping.

Just remeber to get the crank balanced. Nissan didn't really balance the LD cranks very well (I think they only balanced it up to 5000 rpm, seeing that diesels wouldn't be used over that rpm) or else the harmonic balancer will come flying apart. Just remeber to get everything balanced as a assembly.