HybridZ

Got the first start!!!!

Well, it's been a long time coming and even through all the trials and tribulations I got the first start along with my cam break in period. I only ran into some minor problems with the cooling. The single speed taurus fan I got was not enough, so I added a pusher to the front. Everything seems good to go now. I fried about 4 distributers before I got it to fire. Somewhere the tach was shorting them out, so now I need to get the tach checked out to make sure it's ok, then hopefully I'll get it rewired in and operable.

Does anybody know how to test them (tach) out without frying anything???

It's an auto-meter phantom guage.

Also, is it normal for the headers to be glowing red after running about 15-20 minutes??

Only a couple things left to go. I still have to ..........

1) Wrap up the engine bay wiring.

2) Final adjustment on the timing and carb

3) Get the headers jet-hot coated, and get it to the exhaust shop.

4) Finish the fabrication on the shift linkage

5) Mount my Prelude seats

6) put the carpet back in

7) install the hood latch

8) Drive

Seems like a short list compared to what I started with. Hopefully, I can get some good quality time in over the next few days and drive this beast.

The motor sounded GREEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!!!

I'm getting really excited about driving this thingy :)

Yeah, Mike. I knew I was running rich and still needed to adjust the timing for the final time. I didn't know those factors by themselves would cause the glowing. Oh, and I did run new wires for the tach. I guess I'll do some troubleshooing later today.