HybridZ

has anyone installed the RB A/C

dreco

I live in Texas(hotter than hell)... I would like A/C if I do the RB swap in my 240Z....I've done a search and did not find a thread that described this in detail... I'll probably pay someone to do it, but I just wanted to know if hooking up the RB25 A/C to a 240Z(never had A/C) is hard to do....I wanted to factor this cost in my project only I have nothing to reference... does anyone have an RB swap with here with A/C???

If your car never had A/C then check out the new Vintage Air compact kits instead of scrounging around and trying to make one fit, i think they have the new Gen II mini sysytem in their online catalog on page 18. It might save you time and it's geared more for the 134A gas than the more expensive and hard to find R12. The only thing i would assume you would fabricate are compressor mounts.

http://www.vintageair.com/catalog.asp

If your car never had A/C then check out the new Vintage Air compact kits instead of scrounging around and trying to make one fit' date=' i think they have the new Gen II mini sysytem in their online catalog on page 18. It might save you time and it's geared more for the 134A gas than the more expensive and hard to find R12. The only thing i would assume you would fabricate are compressor mounts.

http://www.vintageair.com/catalog.asp

thanks, I found out about Vintage in another search attempt... I'm looking into it now...

Guest JAMIE T

Joel is using the stock RB26 AC on his 260Z. He has gone through alot of trouble to make it work. If I was to do it, I would use Vintage Air and fab brackets for the AC compressor myself.

Joel is using the stock RB26 AC on his 260Z. He has gone through alot of trouble to make it work. If I was to do it, I would use Vintage Air and fab brackets for the AC compressor myself.

I'll keep that in mind....but couldn't you just use the RB26 stock compressor and bracket?? Ii'm going to email Vintage Air and see what they have to say.

Guest JAMIE T

You could, but then you'd have to deal with what Nissan was the best location fo rthe compressor on a Skyline, not a 240Z. It might end up being in the same location in the end, but at least I made the choice and the bracket would not interfere with other things. Plus, I could make brackets that would look bitchen.

• 2 years later...