HybridZ

Pi$$ed - Sometimes things aren't recvd as they are advertised

pparaska

Looks like Jim (BLKMGK) found that the rewarder BH1020 didn't fit - hit on passenger side. I wonder if the others are the same way - they have many.

Here was the deal with mine... They sent them to me with pipes welded to the head flange and to the collector but the collector was left long and nothing welded on it. I had had torubel with the driver's side on another header and so had everyone else so I test fit this sucker on that side and it fit well. I made some marks where I wanted it cut and it looked good. Sent it back to them, they coated it, and then I took it to a shop to have them fit and the exhaust welded up. Stupidly I had not marked the orientation of the flange so my pipe flange needed rotating :rolleyes: So then I get a call from the shop - driver's side was PERFECT - W00T! However the PASSENGER side didn't fit - crap! They swapped the old ones back on so I never saw how bad it was and I've not had time to test fit myself. :( I still have the headers on the shelf and a mini-ram I've not had time for either. Pete you're mostly local to me right? If you wanted to give these a shot I'd be happy to help ya' out. I have Edelbrock aluminum heads on my car at the moment - these were shorties BTW.

FWIW - I was paying all of my attention to my Supra of late. Was up to 720RWHP on race gas and about to do a ported head and cams which would put me over 800RWHP. At about 620RWHP the car was into the 10s with my crappy driving and I was hoping to REALLY fly next time out. On the way to work about one month ago some jackass in a Sears repair van pulled out in front of me and I had about 2 car lengths to stop from 45+MPH. No way, antilock hit for a split second and then I T-boned him. Glass and airbags everywhere and a sprained back for me. From the firewall forward the sheetmetal is toast. They will be slicing me a HUGE check and I will attempt to retain the chassis with a slightly reduced check. The drivetrain will likely end up in an SC300 with the ported head and likely a smaller turbo for street driving. The SC300 drivetrain is an N/A 2JZ motor like the Supra with a 5spd. IF this all works out that drivetrain will go into the 240Z with a decent sized turbo :D It will be awhile but I may yet rekindle my interest in the 240Z and get it moving to it's potential - fingers crossed! Sorry for the hijack but things here have been a bit hectic with all of this I can only imagine the 240Z with this kind of power and powerband. :D

Pete: Sorry to hear of the momentous issues with the headers! I swear life is too aggrivating sometimes. I bought some Sanderson's from zfan about two years ago and they are the same configuration as the ones you just bought, BUT they are round port for sure. If you need them for anything, test fitting, etc etc, I'll ship them out to you pronto. Just PM me.

BLKMJK: Good to see you around here again. I used to love to read your posts and such!! Keep us updated on your new ventures. Sorry to hear about your accident...

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

Progress report:

The JTR part number DAT-402C for D-port heads (Sanderson CC5 for D-port) are a good match to the ports in the Canfields, and fit very nicely in the JTR position.

The Sanderson name tag on the collector is right next to the steering shaft. You may want to grind that off (easy - it's welded on at the ends of the tag, about 3/4" long welds). That will of course break through the coating.

My suggestion to JTR is to have Sanderson leave the tag off of one header. In my install, which has the motor mount bolt all the way forward in the long slot I put in the stock crossmember mounting tower where the hole is originally (as per JTR manual), the tag is 1/8" away from the steering shaft. If your engine is installed further back, the clearance should increase.

The other differences from the JTR headers are that the

collectors come out in slightly different positions relative to the hooker headers, within 3/4" on each side for/aft, within an inch side-to-side. The collector flanges are angled 30 from horizontal (the hookers are close to horizontal). The collector flange rotates on the collector.

The headers come with header bolts and thick collector flanges. I used no gaskets at the collectors and it seems to seal. I tried a copper gasket but it just got distorted and looked like it may actually cause a leak. The Sanderson instructions say to use 598B Ultra gasket silicone and no gaskets on the head/header surface. This seams to work well in my limited use so far.