HybridZ

Fuel pump location with fuel cell?

Thumper

I just installed a l28et and a fuel cell with a walbro 255 fuel pump. The fuel cell is located at the very back in the middle of the car. I have the supply line running to the fuel pump to the passenger side of the car. The fuel pump is mounted 3" above and 4" forward of the fuel outlet. Should I relocate the fuel pump so it is not before the outlet and not above it? I am asking because I am having a slight surge above 4k that seems like I'm running out of fuel. I will hook up an lm-1 tonight to make sure that is indeed running lean and not an ignition problem. My theory is that since it is above the fuel outlet the fuel is having a hard time being sucked up from the fuel pump and pushed to the fuel rail. A flaw in my theory is I filled the cell up with 5 more gallons of fuel and it had the same slight surging above 4k. Thanks

I just moved it lower and farther back and I had no noticeable difference. I have found the problem of the hesitation at high rpms. It was opposite of what I thought. It was due to lack of ruel but an excess of. I was running too rich. During my tinkingering I accidentially unhooked the vacuum line on my fpr so it never raised the fuel pressure. So the next test drive I floored it and it was smoth because the pressure never went above 42psi. But back to original post it does not seem to make a difference.