HybridZ

Alpha One GTO...it begins

Con Brio

I posted back in late April when I purchased my used 250. Well 3 months later I finally have it in my garage. What did it take (?)... 2 days flying starting from Osaka, Japan ending in Pheonix, Arizona. Then 2 more long days of driving to Regina, Saskatchewan (that's in Canada). I have a feeling that was the easy part. Here's a list of what's waiting to go in.

Energy Suspension master kit (graphite impregnated)

1 1/8" front and 1" rear sway bars

R200 w/ 280 ZXT cv adaptors (anyone know where I can buy reman's)

Toyota 4X4 front caliper brake conversion

Rear disc brake conversion w/ 280 ZX master cylinder

full MSD ignition system w/ 6AL

Re-upolstered Recaro seats (have'nt found carpet yet)

roll bar (4 point)

Tru-trac serpentine belt system from Billet Specialties

new frame rails (the old ones aren't rusty but looked to be crushed)

aluminum mustache bar

Edelbrock Pro-Flo EFI

front strut brace by PDK

Any advice/words of wisdom (aka knuckle savers or wrench throwing fits of rage) on any or all of these would be greatly appreciated. I'm back in Canada Aug. 25th and can't wait to get into it.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I've up-dated my progress on the GTO. Well...it's coming along nicely. The engine is finished. The rebuild went smooth and it really cleaned up nice. The Tru-Trac system from Billet Specialties looks great! The interior is also finished. Everything except the headliner and sun visors were replaced. The Recaros never looked better. The body has been stripped and is at the shop awaiting it's new paint. I've choosen black for this project. With the tan interior and chrome accessories I believe it'll look "awesome". Now for the bad news. With the addition of a roll bar, Quaife, Borla exhaust, TC rods, Centerforce II clutch, and to many other goodies from Jeg's to mention. The budget is over by 20%!!! Back in Canada for 30 days starting on April 19th. Looking forward to "getting into it". Sorry I didn't post any pics. But there are some in my album. Cheers.