HybridZ

TT 350 Update

Are there any others under construction?

Mine is going to be in the car by April so I can work full time next summer on the electronics. :o Big power isn't my goal for now though. I don't expect to pass 500hp for like a year and a half. The goal for now is driveability and gas mileage - hoping for 25-30mpg.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, won't fit in the z. Tried, but it's just a no go.

Strut towers or what? As long as it wouldn't hit the strut itself or interfere with the bolts at the top, the wall can be modified without sacrificing the structural integrity. It's "expensive" ... but not really relative compared to the price of the motor.

Strut towers or what? As long as it wouldn't hit the strut itself or interfere with the bolts at the top, the wall can be modified without sacrificing the structural integrity. It's "expensive" ... but not really relative compared to the price of the motor.

Yeah, the strut towers, IIRC it's 36 inches outside turbo to outside turbo. Then the exhaust ends up being a PITA as it interferes with the fenderwells too.

Since I was planning then on getting a TIG, and now that I have one, I'm thinking single turbo, simpler plumbing (just ask silicone boy) and overall, just alot less hassles.

We're going to cut into my fenders and floor to run the exhaust (more like... while we're already doing chassis work we'll make provisions for the exhaust). The turbo has a 5" outlet, and I'll probably run dual 3" just inside the struts. The car isn't exactly a street car though.

You're going wild with it already... might as well cut out the strut towers and just modify the front suspension! ;)

Wild? All stock front suspension, NA motor, not backhalved, so hardly wild, besides it's not mine. I'm going to do some mods here pretty quick, shave alittle weight, redo things, I think it'll do 10.20's here on motor and maybe 9.20's at sea level.

Well, the z is hardly stock nissan. But it's not wild IMO, I built the engine, trans, rear end, fabbed the cage, dash and assembled the car with alot of help from my boy and rightly so, since it's his car. I think there is a limit to what the z will hook in terms of HP. I think 1000Hp is too much for a stock type z to be able to plant. I think a single turbo putting down 800HP to the tires is more than anyone would ever need on the strip or the track.

I keep getting wilder by the day I think, I'm not sure anymore, but when people start seeming normal I start getting concerned.

I think 1000Hp is too much for a stock type z to be able to plant. I think a single turbo putting down 800HP to the tires is more than anyone would ever need on the strip or the track.

Yeah, I'd say a stock type anything would have traction problems with anywhere near that much. :D