HybridZ

From the "I did not expect that" files...

Boobala

Guest Battle Pope

And then the producing company gets sued because their 7-year-old took an RC boat/plane in the eye.

Such is why almost all the cool stuff is either home made or underground.

Guest Battle Pope

Who says GTA: San Andreas is for kids under 18, either? Yet, "Parents" were buying it for their kids right and left till a group of underground modders unleashed "Hot Coffee" upon the world. No sooner did it show up on CNN than middle-class mothers were on the phone to their lawyers trying to start up a class-action because evidently Rockstar is now a smut-pushing, dirtbag company for "falsely advertising" a game with LOCKED CONTENT that THIRD PARTIES found a way into.

"Parents" would still buy it for their kids and then sue the company when their kid gets hurt. It's inevitable in today's world.

Battle Pope,

Wow thanks, I don't know the world is actually grey, I thought it's going to be candy clouds and free gasoline.

Sarcasm aside, to say there are no lawsuit-happy folks out there will be contrary to truth. But what you mentioned is somewhat irrelevant.

Sure, people can sue if their 7-year old gets a flying boat in the brain. Can people sue if the kid pulled the e-brake on the car and it slide down the hill? Can people sue if a baby fell from a chair? Can people sue if a kid is shot dead with a pump daisy? Can people sue if their kid got injured from playing fireworks? They all can sue, it's their mentality to blame manufacturers for their own misuses. This mentality has nothing to do with the RC boat. If there is a need to warn anybody about the lawsuit-happy mentality, then please, WARN EVERY SINGLE ONE about pretty much EVERYTHING.

People nowadays will sue the closest company in sight if they choke on their own phlegm. I just choose not to see the world from these people's view, I chose to be optimistic about things.

Guest Battle Pope

I realize my rant was totally aside from the topic, but I maintain my point.

I just get mildly disgusted and slightly worked up whenever I think about how often people turn to "settlement justice" these days, and my point regarding these "boats" is that sure they look cool and are probably a lot of fun, but if they went retail there would probably be a few lawsuits.

But on a more relevant note, yes, it's really neat!