HybridZ

I want a rev limiter!! I have MSnS Extra.. now how to go about and do it!

proxlamus©

According to MegaSquirts website they have this listed...

---------------------------------------

Rev Limiter

miscsettings.JPG

If you are using a Spark based code, e.g. MSnS, Neon, etc, then the soft rev limiter can retard the ignition to a setpoint when the RPM reaches the Soft Limit setpoint. This can help to reduce the engine power o it begins to slow down or feel different so the driver realises they should change gear. The Hard rev limiter will come in if the RPM reaches the setpoint or if the soft limit point is maintained for as long as the max time setpoint. The hard limit can be Fuel, Spark, or a combination of the two if using a spark based code.

----------------------------------------

Now I was curious if anyone is using this and what they're settings are.. ?!?!

it would depend on what you have your engine built for.a stock l28et wont build power past about 6500 because of camshaft/head flow problems.a modern engine with a good 4 or 5 valve head can use more revs.just because the megasquirt will support the revs doesnt mean you should do it if want your engine to live long.

I have my soft limit set at 6450 and my hard limit at 6750. I usually shift before then, though. It's just a safety thing. For timing retard, I use 10 degrees and a max time of 5 seconds. Don't forget that there are more options dealing with the hard cut aspect under "General:hard cut/limiter type".

• 1 month later...