HybridZ

Alsil's Mount Offset

rudypoochris

I have heard that alsil's mount is directly centered instead of offset 3/4" to the passangers side. Has this been an issue for anyone using the mount? Or does everything run fine? As i understand it the rest of the 240z's drive train is offset to the right, does the engine need to be as well to keep all the angles good. Also if upgrading to an r200 does the 3/4" offcenter to the right still apply or was it changed back to 0 offset for r200 cars.

The engine and tranny are offset to the right in order to clear the steering shaft not to maintain the angles on the driveline. There are several threads here that discuss driveline angles and why they are important, reading through those will help you understand why the engine offset isn't a factor. Do a search and you'll get lots of info.

Alsil's mount for the Ford small block centers the engine left to right and allows you to place it as far back or forward as you like, depending on other factors. The only issues I've heard of with it is that the engine sits a little high if you're using the stock Ford EFI manifold and depending on the headers used the steering shaft must be cut.

Wheelman