HybridZ

Dellorto Carburetors

Collectindust240Z

There is a guy if you search on ebay, I believe his name is Alfa1750 or something similar, he is from italy and has these carbs all day long and for a very cheap price, I found that he is an incredible person to deal with and if you ever have a problem with anything he has sold you he will fix it straight away.

I cant say nothing but good things about his service and his quality of parts he sells.

Even though he is from Italy, you can expect fast shipping and a great deal.

I had one carb I bought from him in a set. He replaced the part at his dime, no cost to me at all.

http://search.ebay.com/dellorto_W0QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsojsZ0

Quite a few lots. I see people sell them as a set of 2 usually.

How do the dellorto 40 DHLA differ from weber 40 DCOE?

Because I just spent a few hundred dollars for a brand new set of Weber DCOE and these Dellortos(I've heard of them, but not familiar with their relations with webers) looks darn similiar to webers and are much much cheaper!!!

Make me feel good please :(

I did a bit of research on the web. It seems the Dellorto's have finer increment in jets than Weber's. Dell's are also considered as a refined Weber. Dells use diaphram accelerator pump, Weber uses a piston(my Weber is actually DCOM, with adjustable diaphram accelerator pump so this part of my Weber is the same as a Dellorto). Dellorto designed side-draft carbs for Weber but had a fight with them. Dellorto then seperated from Weber and started his own company. Later Dellorto was bought by Weber and all Dellorto molds were ordered destroyed. Dellorto parts are harder to obtain. When changing jets on a Dellorto, one must remove the linkage, open the top cover to gain access. On a Weber, jets can be accessed to without removing any parts.

Most people think dellorto's are great carbs. And they are really really cheap compared to Weber's.

As a side note, Dellorto's have a better cold start circuit that won't leak like the Webers. Dell's also have a small cover to gain access to the jets similar to the Webers. I don't understand the mention of disconnecting linkages and removing the top cover (assuming he meant the entire top plate). They can easily be balanced using a small gauge to monitor the hg with the turn of a screw. Alfa is very reasonable and efficient in shipping. He has a good selection of pieces too. Unfortunately, parts for most brands of sidedrafts are harder and harder to come by these days. Lastly, the Dell's were built for various specific applications. Only the DHLA is a true racing carb. It can be identified by the exposed A/F screw (not recessed). All others were drilled to create emission style models. These are identified as DHLA-D, DHLA-F, etc. You need to get the matching carbs to ensure smooth transition and equal fuel distribution in a dual or triple arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...

Good deal, as I said you will be quite satisfied, if there is anything wrong he will make it right and like I said before his service to his customer is above and beyond most on ebay.

You cannot beat the service this guy gives.