HybridZ

L28 CLT Sensor calibrations anybody?

Guest RWilliKiwi

I can't find a characteristic's curve in the FSM. If you want to use this instead of the CHTS, just get 3 points by putting it in cold, tap, and hot water, and using these values for EasyTherm (try to get them pretty different from one another).

Another thing is you can actually tap for a GM sensor in the stock location, and not have to worry about recalibrating. Its a little bigger then stock, but it's not all that noticeable.

I would just use the CHTS.

Mario

Guest Loose_Screws

IIRC, megatune files also need to updated with the new files EasyTherm creates. I ran into this issue when I updated firmware this last time. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

ok I'm reading this of the fuel injection bible, and I'm assuming this is what you need, so I will post:

acceptable ohm range for coolant temp sensor:

-18*F= 7600-10800 ohms

50*F= 3250-4150 ohms

68*F= 2250-2750 ohms

122*F= 740-940 ohms

176*F= 290-360 ohms

-Oliver

Guest RWilliKiwi

Great info guys.

OK so I was under the impression that it was only the ET that had the head temp sensor, so I'm wrong? I'm assuming there is no reason not to use that?

Is olie's info what I need to know? I thaught it was a voltage that gets matched to a temp?