HybridZ

How to take injectors off?

MaTTSuN

Ok whats the best way of getting these injectors off the fuel rail without messing up the rubber fuel line? id love to know how. ive messed up a few and trying to be nice just gets my fingure stabbed with a screw driver haha anyways love to know anyones tricks

I had to pull the whole fuel rail. It was the easiest way for me. Can't really do it one at a time. At least easily. I have done it though and don't recomend it. First let the pressure out of the system. Then disconect all hoses that attach to the fuel rail. Then remove and replace injectors and hoses if they are old. I am sure someone has a better solution or can explain it better. But that is what I did. If you replace any hoses make sure to get the correct size. Some are a bit too big and leak.

i know i got to take the rail off, thats the easy part. i want 2 change rails and save 4 injectors. i dont have the cash to change them all right now so i got 2 only do the two that are not working. i guess i could use the old rail and when i can buy the other 4 then go to my other rail. putting another rubber hose over the rubber hose of the injector then useing plyers can crack the seal of the hose, i was just wondering wht some of you guys have done

At my last removal.. I got three off without taking off the stock fuel rail but still had to remove the rail to get the other 3 off and cracked two of those injector hoses. I have about 10 spares now and found a fellow who would check them for 5 bucks a piece with me paying for the only the good ones... Every one I cracked was because I twisted too hard placing the hose on a bind. One solution is to tape up the jaws of pliers preventing a bite on the rubber hose and rotate and turn the hose with the "safety jawed" pliers at the fuel rail connection until it breaks free and then pull the hose off the fuel rail connection all with a liberal pre dose of WD 40 during and after

they all came off very easy, it turned out the problem was my ECU connection. should have spent more time on that but the N/A fuel rail looks allot better than the cut one that was on there. I found the best way to take them off was to put a bigger hose like a heater hose over the smaller injector hose and use plyers.