HybridZ

What will be needed for this to work?

pjo046

I am thinking of buying an electronic autometer speedometer for my car. The only reason for going electronic instead of a mechanical one is that I can't seem to find a 5" diameter autometer ultra lite speedometer that has the reading in khp instead of mph, and I need kph.

So, if I buy this speedometer:

http://egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Speedometer&Series=Ultra-Lite&PN=ATM-4489-M&Cart=

what will I need to make it work with my 280ZXT T5 transmission?

Is it a lot of stress? Would I be better of if I could get a hold of a mechanical speedometer? Because these attach directly to the stock speedometer cable? Or? Hehe, I don't have a clue about this.

You would need to put a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) in your T5 in the spot where your cable goes now. I don't know how involved that would be. Maybe call a couple local tranny shops. After you have that it's easy, two wires.

Either that or something like a Cable X that works in reverse.

ok, what exactly will I need? Which of the sensors will work with my setup? Something that plugs directly into the transmission, and converts the speed there to electrical signals? Or one of those that attaches to the halfshaft?

I got a bit confused reading that long article, as to what I would need, as my english isn't the very best since I don't read to much english apart from on these forums. Hehe. :-)