HybridZ

Z31 booster and master swap?

so I am planning on a brake upgrade typical rear disk and fronts with z31 rotors and z 32 callipers, and was considering z31 master and booster, I know the S130 booster is used with this swap a lot and I have a parts car I could pyll one off of but I also have a z31 parts car and just kinda figured it's a heavier and might be a better donor? anyone tried this?

I currently run a Z31 booster and 17/16's (identical to the Z32) master on my 73 240Z. The swap is pretty straightforward but isn't a bolt on. The mounting studs on the Z31 booster are located further out from center on the later booster so new holes will need to be drilled in the firewall. IIRC this left one of the studs very close to the steering column support under the dash which made getting a nut on the stud somewhat difficult. I have been running this setup for a few years now and it works just fine.

I'm running Wilwood Superlite 4 piston calipers up front and the typical 280ZX rear disks.

Josh