HybridZ

R200 into 240Z with no Adapters?

240Z_Master

I got to some thinking... you can delete this thread if I am wrong Moderators...

But I was doing some comparisons... the R180 CVs [from a 1st gen Maxima] are the same bolt pattern on the companion flange as the R200 CVs [iE Turbo 280ZX CV].

Reading somewhere else on the forum, someone said that the 1st Generation Maxima Companion Flanges fit up to the early 240Z because the spline counts are the same or what not with no problems.

So why can't you use the 1st gen Max Companion Flange, any R200 with circlips, and rebuild the 280ZXT [or similar CVs for the R200] to the correct length on both side [basically the center shaft of the CV].

Does this make sense? Reply if you don't understand what I am saying.

I've reread your post a couple times and am still confused.. Mike C and I found that the companion flange for the Maxima is the same spline count as the 280ZXT and does work with the 280ZXT CV's. I'm running that setup currently with my R200 in the '73. The 240Z stub axles are a straight bolt on with the Maxima/280ZXT companion flanges and 280ZXT CV's. I have 280Z stub axles which will be upgraded soon though, which will require Ross's adaptors.

!M!