HybridZ

Vic. British knows nothing! Neither do I=2+2?=

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, I admit ordering a RF fender for my 83 280ZXT 2 + 2 model Z, but the operators for Vic. B. sound like they'd just as well handle selling the Ginsu/telemarketing/HomeShoppingChannel. They just wouldn't tell me if the 2 + 2 fender is a different part, as they don't list it separately. I called Motorsport and their more expensive fender (about $425 w. shipping vs. $230 V.B) was claimed to fit both 2 + 2.

I note with apprehension that the Vic. British catalogue doesn't distinguish the rear fenders of a 2 + 2 from the one they're selling. Their only distinctions for the 79-83 years are for turbo or non-turbo. I guess my shortest single question is, IF both the front and rear fenders for 2 seat and 2 + 2 Z's are the same, where the hell are the body parts stretched for the four seat config? The headlamp bins?

Thanks

John

Pls. reply soon, as $100 shipping costs aren't refundable IF I'm being screwed over by poor catalogue descriptions/unknowing C.S.R's!

From the firewall forward is interchageable on all Zs, 2 seater and 4. The doors and hatch are different. DO NOT buy a fender from either MSA or VB. What you end up is a Taiwanese piece of shat that will not line up or fit correctly. Your best bet is to find a good used fender, trust me you do not want a new one, they are crap.

That is what I have heard too. Buy a used fender from the Zbarn or from zparts.com You know it will fit because it was original and it will probably be cheaper. Sure there will be work to do to it, maybe some small dents/dimples etc. But there will be a ton of work on that crappy fender anyways to make it fit well. Just from what I have heard though. Good luck