HybridZ

turbo fuel pump shoti

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

i burned my fuel pump :( during my turbo swap i had the blue/red (gettin power12 v switched) for 5 secs and turns off . this wire is running to the positive on fuel pump which was green. my ground is black wire on ignition plug the one farthest from the green wire on the schematic in the haynes manual it would be bottom right. now i did some research and it says i only run that black wire if using the modulator ?! what is that? if im not using the modulator where do i ground it to is the battery fine? I have already ordered a better flowing pump AND I DONT WANT TO BURN THIS. So how do you guys who have done this swap have it wired . i just want to run this thing I have been working all summer on it and now school has started ....you get the idea..

thanks

I am not using any modulator. Just look @ you wire diagram there should be a wire coming out of the fuel pump relay that goes straight to the + of the pump. The - of the pump should be connected to a good ground, mine is connected directly to the - terminal of my battery.

You can always wire it on an off/on switch but it's better to use a relay like the factory does.

Guest znow white

hey 260zred thanks for the response, so you have not run into any sort of issues with grounding to the battery like shorts or others electrical problems? I just want to be 100% so i dont burn the new fuel pump any other zedders or yankeeZ (i say with love haha) would like to chime in

i burned my fuel pump :( during my turbo swap i had the blue/red (gettin power12 v switched) for 5 secs and turns off.

Isn't that what's supposed to happen?? I mean if the ecu doesnt sense the engine is running it turns off the fuel pump in 4-5 seconds.

Like evildky said, a fuse is a very good idea if you are worried.

Also the factory fuel pumps often die by themselves, it's very very common (rust/crud in the gas tank, wear and tear, etc.)