HybridZ

1/4 mile driving tips, all turbo drivers please pitch in!

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

yeah everything still on track for us to go tonite, looks like it will be three or four old Z's now. We're going to be leaving the san fernando valley area at like 5pm-ish.

Well, you know I had totally forgotten that LACR is at a moderate elevation too, like 2000 feet above sea level if I remember right?

This sucks even more.... well guys my new prediction for the night is going to be a low 14 at like 103-105mph.

I'm thinking of adding higher octane fuel if they have it available, leaning out my RRFPR a bit and bumping boost back up to 14psi, to help compensate for the elevation. I did not end up getting a softer spring for my MBC so spiking still an issue otherwise I'd crank it to 15-16psi.

Now that I think about it, seems to me everyone I've talked to who's run at LACR complains that their cars run like crap there... So this sucks. 14's definately ain't 'fast' in my book :(

Well I got my battery tie down and now just need to rig a soda bottle for my overflow and I'm good to go.

EDIT: anyone know a good website calculator that can correct ET/MPH for elevation/temperature or anything like that?

Guest bastaad525

heh you and me both... yeah well as is usually the case whenever I try to get something done over my weekend, nothing ever goes as planned.

Long story short, I didn't make it to the track. It sucks for me because a) I have to be at work on Friday night (is basically my monday night) at 11pm, B) the track is very far away from me adding up to about 2 hours of driving time to get there and back (was gonna try to just go straight to work from there), c) they don't even open til like 5 or 6pm, d) I ALWAYS have some stuff to do on Fridays that always takes me 2x as long as I think it's gonna take.

Also, I picked up a battery hold down from a friend of mine but was not able to use it... the hole in the firewall where it bolts has been trashed, and my drill is on loan to a friend. I still don't even know for sure or not if the tech inspection people would care that I'm using a bungie cord to hold down my battery or not, but I wasn't going to drive 2 hours for nothing to find out :/

Anyways, it turned out that most of the guys who were gonna go didn't end up going, I think one guy just went in the end, so it kinda killed the whole point of it being a bunch of Z's.

So, not this week, anyways. First thing now is I need to get that hole 'fixed' so I can mount that battery hold-down. After that, I guess we're either going to try to arrange again for a bunch of us to go, or I may just head over there by myself one of these Friday's when I don't have so many errands to take care of.

Alternately, I guess there is a 'better' track somewhere else, down in like Orange County area, a track much closer to sea level, for one. Not sure but I also think that track is open on a different day, hopefully not a work day so it may be better for me to go there instead. I dunno I have to look them up and see, but if possible I'd rather go there.

Ah well... sorry guys :( I tells ya, I wasn't gonna be coming home with no impressive times anyways, so we didn't miss much :P