HybridZ

My V8 rex is driving!!

datsunlover

Figured I'd post in here, as it's not a tech thing.. just a "Look at me, I'm so happy I'm having big dumb fun in a V8 hot rod!!" thing.. :lol: I posted a pic a week ago of my 'punisher' hood, and although I figured it'd be a temporary thing, it's really growing on me.. This thing's put the hurt on a few hondas, a a ford pickup, and a camaro (A V6.. I don't know why he even tried.. oh yah, probly figured it was a claped out rotary!) .. muhahaha.. PUNISHED!! :twisted:

So yah.. two months of work, $2000 invested, 2 rads later (blew one up on saterday) and I'm riping up the streets in my V8 powered 86 rx7. :) This is so much fun, and I'm only running a bone stock tbi 350!! Got some tuning to do, exhast leaks to sort out, and a little bit of wiring gremlins to be killed off, but in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Smokes the dinky 205/50/16's out back like nothing, but when it does finaly hook up (halfway through 2nd) it pulls like a freight train. By next summer, I'll have a nice daily driver/hotrod to use and I'll probly rip the Z apart again. (front frame, suspension, brakes and driveshaft are toasted.. not to mention the masive oil leak from the front of the engine..) Assuming things work out, I'll have the Z back together for the following year so I can re-do the RX7 cause I'm sure I'll be wanting more power by then.. hmm.. Ls1/t56 maybe...

Ahem.. weeeelll.. the smog police are here, it's just a 'rolling' 20 year limit. IE; anything 20 years old or older, doesn't require emisions testing. Being that my rx is an 86, I have a 'trip permit' on it right now (legal to drive for ten days, so you can get safety and emisions testing done prior to getting plates) but I know the thing won't pass legaly.. I figure I put a few more temp. permits on it for this year, and next summer I will be able to licence it and get plates without a smog test.

About the hood, I think I will keep it now, but I'll probly redo it at some point.. I want to paint the whole car black, and I'll get it airbrushed on and clearcoated. I still can't help but grin when I pull in the the driveway and see it staring back at me. :lol:

Hah ha Dan.. :lol:

And what did you say Pope? Finish? Bawwhahahahah!!! Not really.. drivable and fun, but not finished... :lol: Still needs (well, doesn't NEED but I want...) wider/taller/stickier rear tires, some aftermarket guages, better springs, bigger rad, and I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.. I figure this will work out good though, as long as I don't end up with the Rex AND the Z down at the same time.. if that were to happen, I don't know what I'd do.. probly buy another project.. :redface: oh oh...