HybridZ

TVR Sagaris ---Video

TheNeedForZ

Sublime. Love the pop orchestrals. This video is better than the streetfire one because this one can be played fullscreen.

http://www.racinggreentvr.com/models/sagaris.asp

One question tho(not about this car), about their T350 series engine :

http://www.racinggreentvr.com/models/t350.asp

The displacement is similar to the Nissan 350Z, but the Nissan car makes 287bhp while the TVR makes 350bhp. Mind you 350Z has valve timing technology similar to VTEC. How does the T350 make 63bhp more than the 350Z? Maybe the weather in England is always so foggy and damp they run very high compression without knock? Just kidding.

The Speed 6 makes those figures because it is highly tuned, twin cam, 24v inline 6. TVR is a small volume manufacturer and so can circumvent some of the annoying emmisions regs imposed on big manufacturers. It's unfortunately not got a clean history as far as reliability goes though, due to badly manufactured out sourced parts wrecking the valve train but hopefully that sort of nonsense is a thing of the past now.

I used to own a Cerbera with a 4.2 V8 rated at a similar 360bhp, yet it was faster than the Speed 6 equipped Tuscans at the time, and due to it's flat place crank revved like God intended but sounded like the Devil ;)

Cheers,

Rob

variable vale timing is nothing like vtec.... If i rmeember correctly. Vtec has a secondary set of highrevving (different lobes for top end power) cams that switch on by sliding rockers.... no wait sliding a pin threw the rockers if i rmemeber correctly thus utilizing the high rev cam when certain rpms are reached. Variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i) does not have a secondary cam set and cannot allow anywhere near the top end power/high revs vtec can. I think im right but not positive. Well almost positive. But also the tvr makes more power because it is tuned to. Nissan makes a 300hp version of the Vg35 as well you jsut lose some torque thats all. The 287hp is a compromise between torque for the street and hp for racing. Obviously there are many other factors like compression, combustion chamber design, head design, etc etc. All these things add up.

to the guys who asked why i was thinking of moving to the UK... that car is a big reason lol.

Can I just say that we pay nearly $7/US gallon for regular petrol, we have speed scameras everywhere and the traffic police are total Nazis (well that's pretty universal ;))

Getting a modern TVR in to the US is not totally impossible though, Faisal managed it with a couple of Cerberas - http://www.tvrfreak.com/ - Sounds like a lot of hard work and you'd be screwed if they went wonky, but think of the looks you'd get?!! :D

Cheers,

Rob

I've seen a few threads recently about members' opinions on what a modern Z should look like and I'd have to say the Sagaris embodies what a modern Z should look like and be. Freakin awsome car in all aspects, with plenty of noteworthy features. I especially like the clear rear spoiler.

god i keep watching this video.

i KNOW i could afford it if i sell all my projects and with the pay ill be getting at that job in the UK..

droolllllllll.

mannnn thats a car.

mike

so how would one get a TVR Sagaris into the states?

i would love to drive it on the streets but if it had to be a track only car then i would be fine with that.

isnt the price range around 70K US? if not then what is it.

thanks

mike

so how would one get a TVR Sagaris into the states?

i would love to drive it on the streets but if it had to be a track only car then i would be fine with that.

isnt the price range around 70K US? if not then what is it.

Sagi is £49,350 New, possibly lacking a few options. So a tad more then $70k, more like $88k. However there's always the second hand market but at the moment there's not much saving due to the newness and rarity:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?p=1&s=349

It's also generally concerned a good idea to wait a year or so after a new TVR release for them to iron out a few bugs, customers are considered testers ;)

Faisal's the only guy I know that's managed to get a new TVR in to the US and on the road so he would be my first point of contact for suggestions. I seem to recall he could only keep each car for a year though due to some red tape BS.

Would be a hell of a risk though if the engine let go. They're currently around £5/6k to rebuild out of warrenty - ouch!

Cheers,

Rob