HybridZ

newbie swap questions

Guest blackwidowracer

Guest blackwidowracer

As you can tell im a newbie... i recently entered the nissan world (used to own a swapped honda) when i was given a 91 300zx n/a with 110,00 miles on it it was my uncles car .. i was wondering what engine swaps are available for this vehichle... i was also wondering what the engine code is for these cars i think they are vg30 for the n/a motor or something of that matter and the twin turbo is vg30tt.. and if it is a simple drop in swap from the n/a motor to the twin turbo motor... if you guys could help out a newbie it would be appreciated...thanks

Yeah I'm pretty sure you could put a honda engine in a 300zx. Only you need a rear wheel drive version, Get a full drivetrane out of a S2000.

j/k

Oh, and if you have time it might be faster to... :search::-P

But if you don't, then yes you could put a 350 in it, make it an LS1 and then put a T-56 behind it. That'd be pretty nice.

The car does pick up some pep with good ole chevy power. But in my opinion, the 300 is too heavy, use that as your daily driver, and get a straight 240 with little to no rust, then you could easily fit a carburated SBC, but I'd still recomment the T56.

;)

the n/a Z32 engine is the VG30DE and the turbo Z32 engine is the VG30DETT. that VG30DETT is the most commong swap (naturally) but I think the best swap is the VH45DE. a guy on here did it to his Z and has a badass Z32 that makes tons of power. oh yeah, i forgot to mentioned he twin turboed it too. :D

http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/

• 3 weeks later...