HybridZ

True old-school ideas for a Z.......

Guest ON3GO

hmmm for me..i like japanese version oldschool the day i bought my z in 96 i promised myself to atleast have Racing Service Watanabe wheels, they have a weird name, they also make golf clubs,,heheheh a gnose bumper, zg flares, and the mirrors and fairlady rear spoiler....well i have almost everything, my zg mirrors are actually coipes, they are made of plastic but they are the same exact size of the real ones, id go flat black ZG mirrors. i need to buy the rear spoiler,,,i was thinking of gettting it this weekend.

my ideas for oldschool:

for sure for me...any color is fine just as long as its a dark color//..dark green, gunmetal grey, dark burgandy, midnight blue...etc i think dark colors make the car look classy but at the same time mean looking...jus my opinion...black or chrome bumpers are fine just depends on the color you choose,

WHEELS:

gun metal watanabes or panasports, or flat black or for what im doing with my Watanabes,,,im getting mine painted dark bronze. or theres a lot of rim choices.......LongChamp XR-4'S look great on Z's..Hayashi streets, Panasport C8R's, SSR starsharks, Work Equips 01's, SSR Reverse Mesh, Epsilon Mesh...etc

spoilers:

i like the BRE front lip look...the MSA front dam look its great i had that before, Gnose.

hmmm i guess just get a nice set of wheels, whatever you choose, flare or no flare, get a nice front dam, zg mirrors or non, your choice of emblems, fairlady or 240z,,,,basically complete the car and you should a pretty looking z...

i talk to much...just high from painting my frens BRE dam for his 510 tonite..heheheh

Guest Anonymous

I've always had a warm place in my heart for shaved cars. There's no better way to emphasize the Z's natural lines than to get rid of the drip rails, trim, other crap.. with a few well-placed badges (creativity!), perhaps the handles if you're into it, subtle bumpers are a must (I like your front Bushido!!). There is a charcoal color Z with its bumpers completely shaved, god I love the rear look with no bumpers. No wing necessary, but if your motive is function over form, you may need the downforce. I don't think there's a case where an airdam retracted the visual appeal from a Z, honestly. I wish MSA made a 50-1421 for 70-74.5 turn signals. I've considered forking out the cash and cutting the fiberglass to fit early signals at whatever expense, I just drool over the subtlety-style of that thin lip. There isn't anything that minimal made for early Z's. Go to the wheel/suspension/brake forum and check out a thread called (something to the point of) watanabe wheels, you'll see a whole discussion on RX-8's, just do a thread search, lots of good info on sourcing them, etc. Good luck with your goals, agreed on the little things, I'm a sucker for knick-knacks!

-980mak rockon.gif

you can get watanabe wheels here in california...used but not sure what sizes they carry...it varys on what they get and you have to call them almost everyweek because once they come in they get sold within a day...you can try www.wheelchoice.com

or alta wheels in i think san gabriel...LA area...i forgot the number for alta wheels, but for sure they have like 7-8 shops in japan and finally 1 shop here in the US. when i get the number ill post it here.

thanks guys for all the great ideas.

ive been looking at a few places on the net for the ZG mirrors but still no luck.

ZG flares are a must, i have about 30 or so more bucks to save and ill order them.

I just got my turbo timer, fairlady Z emblems and other little nick nacks the other day smile.gif .

im trying to find out a paint code, its a nissan color i think, i always see it on Nismo cars.

its a dark silver... anybody know where i can find this paint code?

I want this same color!!!

http://zdriver.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album49&id=aax

Thanks also for posting that site where i can find those wheels, i want like the same wheels you have just in 16x8 and 16x9.

thanks guys

mike

hey Mike

the paint color for that r32 should be gunmetal grey like my car. my friend owns a R32 like that one and the color was gunmetal grey,,,ill see if i can ask him for the paint code if i see him again,,,hes always gone going around the states. but ill try asking other skyline owners. oh yea ill let you know if i ever see any used watanabes but 16s are gonna be very rare...the only watanabes ive seen in 16 are the new watanabe cyclones but those suckers are expensive. hope i helped any...take it eZZZZ