HybridZ

Engine swap postponed due to two small sheets of metal . . .

Guest Z Draci

Right before we gave the full green light for my L28ET --> 240Z swap, I found out that getting a couple flanges were going to be difficult and expensive.

The flanges I need are for the BOV from an RB20DET and the downpipe for the T3 turbo. My friend's welders both wanted ridiculous money for both ($200-500). With that kind of money, I can get a whole custom intake! The welders that we had simply held the parts for a week and decided to charge us big money for work they obviously couldn't do entirely on their own. Now I'm stuck with even more down time.

I'm wondering what some guys here have done for these flanges.

It seems like I might have to go directly to a machine shop with a template in hand.

Welding the flanges to make the BOV mount and turbo downpipe will be a piece of cake after this.

If anybody already has these flanges for sale, that'll be awesome.

I have no idea what kind of BOV comes stock on and RB20 but from my experience most quality name brand BOV's use one of 2 flanges easily bought from anyone selling BOV's, as for the downpipe MSA now offfers a mandrel bent stainless downpipe made to fit the s30 chassis and it's already got the propper flange (around $300), if you wanted to make your own downpipe you can buy standard T3 flanges from many suppliers, I got one from cheapturbo.com a year or 2 ago, they might have your BOV flange as well I havn't shopped them in a while