HybridZ

Purchase or not? (core return engine)

Don't waste your money on an unknown you can get a rebuildable core engine, don't get caught up in the "it's here and I an see it" especially if you don't know it's history. If you are looking for an engine to take to the machine shop to be prepped for your rebuild, $400 is way too much. I did some careful searching on ebay and picked my engine up for $100, and after I opened it up and measureed the cylinders it was still at stock tolerance. A little patience will save you a lot of cash.

You do have a location issue, I imagine SBC engines don't grow on trees on your side of the world, given your situation and location $400 probuly isn't that bad. I would recomend seeing if the seller will let you pull the heads and look for any signs of internal damage prior to purchase.

Good luck.

$400 is the starting bid, $895 is the buy now! I am seriously thinking of bowing out on this one!

Bummer dude, you could get a brand spankin new shortblock or rebuilt longblock .030 over in factory condition for 895! Maybe you should defect to the USA? Say "religeous reasons". Just don't complain that it sucks here sometimes like when you are trapped in superdome in louisianna and the crowd turns third world on your A** :icon52: . I'm getting me a large caliber handgun and lots of ammo soon!