HybridZ

73 240 Heater Fan / Honda CRX Blower

Guest swanZ

Spent most of the weekend overhauling my 73 240z heater/blower system. Fixed/replaced all the cables, replaced the heater switch, replaced the heater hoses, and while I was at it installed the Honda CRX blower. Did some other general wiring cleanup, and went for a drive. All was working well, and then the fan just stopped (such a bummer). Wired the fan up, works great with direct power. Just no power to the switch. Checked all of the fuses - all good. I used to hear a "ting" from a relay under the hood when turning on and off the fan - now nothing. Is there a relay/fusable link for the fan? Where are the fusable links/relays? I looked at the Haynes book, and it shows a 30A fuse somewhere. Soooo bummed - everything was working soo well. Has anyone seen these issues?

No power to the fan motor. I unplugged the connector that connects to the resistor on the blower housing (that curly thing that regulates the fan speed), and that has no power also. I'm looking to trace the wires back (from the switch), but don't know where they go before they get there.