HybridZ

Wheel and tyre sizes

Guest grimlynsan

Guest grimlynsan

I have been searching for this information but all that seems to happen is that I get more confused.

In brief:

(I have a RHD '77 260z 2+2)

I am aquiring some zg flares. I will be cutting the guards and welding them together. I want to buy some new 17" wheels and the WIDEST tyres I can get front and back. These are the rims I want:

milano_lrg.gif

They are made by ROH and are available up to 17X12.

Here is where it gets more complicated.

Up front i have done the toyo brake swap and in doing so have switched to 240k hubs. Keeping in mind that I wish to lower the car, what offset and width should I order the wheels in?

The same question applies to the rear however I have upgraded to R31 skyline bracket, discs and calipers. What offset and width should I order the wheels in? What is the maximum tyre width?

I want to fill the flares front and rear.

I can get bolt-on adapters made up if I have to.

I really appreciate the effort it may take someone to respond. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a set of 17x8.5 (-6offset) & 17x9.5 (-19 offset) ROH venturo for my 260 which will be used with ZG flares. (Tyres, 225x45x17 frnt & 255x40x17 rear). Theres a lot of variables added to the equation with those changes you've made. I think your safest bet would be to measure how much room you have.Take a straight line up from the hub face and measure perpendicualr from that to the spring perch. Do a search on offset info and you should be able to work out what offset you need. The only issue will the caliper clearance.

Oh and note that a 9.5 inch rim is actually 10.5 when measured from the actual ends because the wheel shops always measure from the bead!

I hope somebody can give you more advice than I have. Good luck!

Sulio

www.viczcar.com