HybridZ

GTO 250 Headlight cover trim rings

Guest JAMIE T

The pic is pretty low res, but they look great! 250GTO kits are what got me interested in Zcars to begin with. By the time I could afford it, I was so deep into making my car stupid fast that it just would have been a shame to start over. 13" brakes don't work with 15" knock-offs.

I am working on them.. have a working pattern template....will be aluminum... about an inch wide fastened by eight screws. developed a bead rolling tool for the outside edges...not original replica but functional prototype

Looks good, you'll make even more friends if you can make up some suitable for the G-Nose!

Cheers,

Rob

Looks great from what I can make out on the photo (how about some more pics in higher resolution).

Even though I'm not at that point yet, I have been thinking about how to fab the trim rings for my V/R headlight covers... I'm glad you are getting so much R & D done!

Please share a little more about the bead roller you came up with.

I get pumped up to work on my car every time I read one of your posts.

Keep them coming!

With the change in weather.. I have been swamped buttoning up for winter. GTO is still out under weather. I will take some more pictures. The photo shown was the only one without light reflecting and ruining the image that afternoon. Also I will take pictures of the "bead roller". John Washington is looking for a Vello Rossa pattern for me. Maybe Wag Z in Beaverton would let me pattern his Vello Rossa covers. With prectice and experience I could probably do the G nose and stock Z ring covers but that requires "hands on" intimacy with the well and cover. At this time I can only experiment with the Stable Works ring.At this point my skills are limited to eight fastners to hold the ring in place. I would rather have fewer fastners on the outer limits of the ring and not in the middle. Most of my time lately is keeping my fleet of junk vehicles running. I wrote a humorous post on this ordeal.http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104885