HybridZ

Popping up noise and steering issues

Guest Zendo

Hey guys, I am new in this "Z Land" and I need your help. I have a 1982 280Z turbo, the engine starts fine but in the first 5 to 10 minutes of driving it does not run faster than 40 MPH, and during this time the engine or something else is building pressure, which is released by couple of valves located in the top and bottom of the manifold. From those valves the continuous “pop up†sound is heard loud and clear and no matter how much I press the gas pedal to the floor, the car does not go more than 40 MPH; but right after those 5 to 10 minutes of slow driving and popping up enduring everything goes just fine. Does the air flow meter have something to do with this complain? I have cleaned up the contacts of the heat sensor and the other sensor that is right after the air flow meter.

The second issue is that while driving in the freeway the car vibrates in the front end very scary while doing 50 to 60 MPH; passing to 65 or 70 MPH the vibration decreases. Also if I hit a hole on the road the wheels try to go around the curvature of the hole.

The front wheels recently have been aligned and balanced; I’m start wondering that something must be wrong with the tie rods. I’ll appreciate your word of advice in this matter.

Thanks

Would somebody tell me if my posting has been inappropriate? and if it was, can you tell me exactly where did I make the mistake? Because I haven’t got any reply yet

Front end issues are probably suspension related. How are the bushings? How are the shocks? Lift the front of the car off the ground and check for play/movement in the steering and suspension.

I have no idea on the other problem.