HybridZ

Electric Windows don't work

Guest lknookie

Guest lknookie

I own a 1979 Datsun 280ZX, and I just recently put a Ford 302ci in it. The problem is, that since the swap, my electric windows havn't worked. I have no idea what I did, or didn't do, and I'm at a loss as where to begin. I hope you fine gentleman can point me in the right direction. Where certain fuses are, where I should begin checking, and that way I can retrace my steps. I don't believe any power is getting to either of the windows, because when I hit the buttons, there is no noise, nothing, so I'm sure that it's not with the motors, as both of them wouldn't conveniently go out at the same time. Past that, I'm lost. Help me. Thank you before hand.

OK, Here's a list of things to get started with:

1) Do you have a manual with a wiring diagram ??

2) Do you have a Volt/Ohm Meter ??

3) Check the fuse, if bad replace

4) Make sure the fuse has power, if not trace power lead

5) Trace the wire from the fuse to the motors, it could be a connector.

I suspect that you disconnected the power lead to the fuse. Check the power side of the fuse and start from there.

Hope that helps,

- Joe

No apologies needed, brain farts are a common syndrome. Sometimes you get looking at a problem for so long you can't figure how 2+2=4. Happens to the best of us. You ask a question thinking you got this unsolvable problem and when you see the answers you want to smack you head against the wall for missing it.

The required tools for electrical issues are:

1) Wiring diagram

2) Volt/Ohm meter

3) various test leads, wires and alligator clips

4) Somebody to point out the simple solution you've been searching three days for ("Daddy, why's that wire hanging over there ???" or "You tried the switch, right???").

- Joe

Guest lknookie

Yeah....I figured it out. I just traced power wires through the engine bay, and sure enough one of them had no ending, so I just fixed it, and up and down they go. Thanks for you help Joe...When there are so many things that go wrong, the simple things slip past you. Talk to you later. Thanks again