HybridZ

EXAUST QUESTION

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was curious, do you have to run your pipe into one? I mean could I run dual glaspacks up the middle of the car like the old muscle cars did? One of these days I would like side pipes, but for now I would like dual pipes but not routed into one out the back.

Thank you very much

Tony

What I did on my V8 Z was to get a fuel cell and cut out the spare tire well. I mounted the cell in the middle of the rear opening. This allowed for the 2 1/2 inch duals I ran.

------------------

The only stupid question is one you wanted to ask but never did!!!

Drewz

Tony,

Look under the car. there is no room for glass pacs and dual pipes create big problems getting past the fuel tank on the passanger side. 2.5's into a single 3" will work great and you won't notice any power loss except slightly at very top RPM.

Guest JAMIE T

Thats a sweet set-up Pete, but I'm thinking that set-up on both sides, maybe with four SUPERTRAPPS. over kill rules

[This message has been edited by JAMIE T (edited January 27, 2001).]

Check out the dark photos of my 260z with the fuel cell and u will see what it looks like. Pparadaska has them on his site(thanks again) Pete is a v good guy.

Drew

------------------

Drewz

Maybe not so good...

Drew, sorry, I just had to take all your pictures down (they were the largest of the ones I was hosting for others) as I ran out of space and needed more (for work stuff, no less!)

I've put the ones back up that pertain to your exhaust and TBI. They're at:

http://members.home.net/pparaska/DrewZ.htm The others I don't have room any longer.

You can send pics to SuperDan (dporter1@home.com) so he can add your car to the Member's Rides page, that way everybody could find them easier, plus he has a bit more space than the 10MB I have.

Cheers,

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project

pparaska@home.com

Pete's V8 Datsun 240Z Pages

No problem Petey wink.gif. I will have my own site in a bit when the snow dissapates a little more than the 3 feet I have now. The car will be in high solids soon and a layout will be put on my puter as well as the 4x4 club a few friends and I are starting here. Thanks for the help Pete smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Drewz