HybridZ

Went to local auction, good deal

dr_hunt

Went to a local auction cause they had a 9 inch ford rear end complete out of a '67 Ford Bronco and I wanted it. It was 4.10 geared and posi to boot, I checked it out yesterday before the auction. Picked it up for $70. Building a mud bog truck out of my '33 dodge truck and I have a mini spool for the 9 inch and a spare carrier, so the posi carrier unit is avail to hybrid z guys contemplating the 9 inch conversion. The factory ford posi is completely rebuildable.

The real deal was a complete running gear out of a 1980 Chevy 1 ton 4x4. I got the Dana 60 front, Dana 70 posi rear, NP205 transfer case, and 4 speed trans all for $40.

I already have the dodge truck, going to fab a frame out of 1.625 tubing, build custom ladder bars front and back, run dana 44 up front and the 9 inch in back, suspend it with coil over shocks, run a NP208 TC on the back of a powerglide with a transbrake. Power via a freshly built 350 chevy, AFR 220 heads, big .670 solid roller, 12.5:1's, dart block, eagle crank, eagle rods. I bought some nice 16x15 Weld race aluminum wheels, 17x15 paddle tires so it's about ready to go play. Should weigh in around 1700 lbs or so.