HybridZ

Loaded or unloaded?

Two of my fingers are bleeding at the tips from all this damndable sanding, lol. That has no bearing on this post though, I just wanted to mention it. Why? .. I really couldnt say.

Anyway.

I did a search. I know someone else will come along and do a search and find this info and post that they found it in .031 seconds of searching and make me look like an idiot - which is easy cause I am - but I wanted to put the little search disclaimer up anyway.

On the points -

Going to be fabbing up my framerails/subframe connectors (credit goes to 240hoke on the design/idea. His website kicks ***) and I was curious, Should the car be loaded? (sitting on its tires) or should I jackstand it up when I go to build them? If I should put the car on stands, where do you recommend I locate the stands on the frame?

If it matters, the car is torn completely down with the exception of the suspension and rear end. The engine and tranny are out (or rather will be before I do the rails).

Thanks.

Ideally you would put the car on a frame machine to ensure it is perfectly square and in spec. Then you weld the car to a metal dolly of some type. That way none of the critical dimensions change when you do the work.

Or you can do it the HybridZ way and just unbolt everything that unbolts, hook the empty shell to a couple of engine stands, break out the sawsall, BFH and MIG welder and have a go.

break out the sawsall, BFH and MIG welder and have a go.

That sounds like what I'll be doing. I dont have access to a frame machine or any way to "jig" the car. I cant even put it on engine stands, heh. My little midget garage and midget budget dont allow for such things.

Heres to hoping!