HybridZ

decided on a color

Guest traub83

Guest traub83

LoL yes I have and sadly it wasnt any of the colors I mentioned before like the lime green, orange, yellow, plum purple.. But really I am going a Gloss Black trimmed in carbon fiber and I will run the YZ fender flares on the back with the subtle Z front fenders!! yes I changed my mind but this is what im going with now for sure!!! and to set off the black I am going to get a set of custom kodiak 18x12 RT wheels with the gold centers and 18x9's for the front!! doing this all trimmed in carbon should make for a sweet looking ride that is a lil different from most other Z's on the road you would normally see and be awsome for cruisin on the highway cause the wide tires should grip like a madman!! I hope!!!

Guest traub83

well sad thing is I already purchased a set of wheels and i have to pay a 10% restocking fee :-( so that sucks major A$$!! anyways yeah I will have a good powerplant :-D my twin turbo 355 sbc should be enough to get those smokin!! prob is those wheels are expensive lol 550 bux a pop!! and that isnt including the tires!! But I guess if im going to do it. I might as well do it right and forget about it huh.. if it takes me 6 more months so be it. It will be worth it when its done!!

Guest traub83

Ohh about the pics, I don't own a camera yet however I know for Xmas I am getting one so around the 1st of the year I will post some pics of the car before I start tearin it apart big time and start paintin and addin the flares.. I will keep a log on the process that I do and everything.. And get some pics of my shop and my motor cause im sure thats what a lot of you wanna see :-P even tho right now my turbos are gone and my block is at the shop but I will collect it tomarrow thanx god and start assemblin the short block! Im seriously debating on the heads..

eather dart 215cc pro 1 heads, or Edelbrock Victor Jr heads.. I like both a lot just tryin to figure out which would be best for my setup!!

Guest traub83

well the problem I have with the YZ fenders on the front is the headlights! I dont want to try and fabricate them on my car to still use the headlights and such. I am by far no body man. I can build a motor yes but no fabricating of body for me id make my car look like a Hot wheel that got put in the microwave :-) if they had the fenders that will use the headlights and everything then id be all for the YZ fenders allround!!

Speak to John Washington, he's the bloke that sells those kits, i know there are ways around it, i think you can literally just put lights in the gaps at the front or even get them cut into the panels, even if you did this it couldnt be that expensive, talk to him, he might have some decent suggestions,

Someone has managed to get lights in there,

http://www.reactionresearch.com/Fisher/index.htm

Or

http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yz/projectorlights.html

Guest traub83

ha ha, then id have a killer road race setup, imagine the traction with 18x12's in front and in back!! I may have to start looking for a light motor to build up for it and I would just make this a street warrior for the highway aswell!! Then I can whip them in the 1/4mi and then school them on the interstate lol!! thats sweet!!