HybridZ

What Have I over-looked?? TEC II bad?

Guest Pete Z Racing

Guest Pete Z Racing

Hey guys,

Here is my question last weekend was road course time. After 6 fifteen minute runs at full power I notice my radiator overflow(old Oil can) was over flowing with oil in it. The car ran fine, that night I looked for oil in the radiator none, next day the car started missing or running on 4 or 5 cylinders, lack of smoothness and power. I pulled the plugs and #1 was black and shinny. I did a compression check and all was good I ordered a new 1mm metal head gasket. I installed the new gasket and my 4 or 5 cylinder miss is still there. I installed new plugs, new ignition wires, pulled the injectors and ran them into zip lock bags, installed a new magnetic pick up for the TEC II, pulled and cleaned all contacts for TEC II and injectors, re- down loaded the TEC II and still 1&6 seems to not fire well?, I moved the coil packs and still 1 & 6 seem lacking. I'm (so far) stumped? Fuel pressure is fine and when I pull the spark plug wires (running) lots of spark.

Have you had any problems like this?? have you had any problems with the TEC II unit??

I just pulled plugs again after 5 miles of poor driving and #1 looks black and shinny somewhat ( rings?( I checked valve guide seals.

All cylinders had 120PSI on compressions check.

What do you think

Pete

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2116389

Pete,

black and shiny from oil or fuel coved carbon? I has a problem wih my TEC which turned out to be a faulty ground and not a problem wit the TEC at all. My symptom was the injectors ignoring TOG and going full open when the key was turned. I found this by pulling the fuel rail with the injectors connected and bumping the starter. To my surprize, enough fuel for a Top Fuel motor was being sprayed out of the injectors. What I found was one of the signal grounds not mking contact. Once I fixed the ground she again purred like a kitten.

Joe

Guest Pete Z Racing

Joe,

The first plug before the head gasket was oil black. I just got back from the store and will check grounds put in new plugs and see what happens. Thank you for your input. I will let you know.

Pete

Guest Pete Z Racing

Hey Z'ers,

I believe I have it figured out. I had two problems at once. The metal 1mm head gasket that was on the car finally went bad, I have reused that one gasket for at least 4 motors. After replacing the gasket completing a compression check, a leak down test, checking all signals and sensors to the TECH II, plugs/wires, running the injectors into zip lock bags(all squirting) I finally got the problem to move cylinders by moving the injectors!!! So my RC injectors are on their way back to RC for a cleaning and recalibration. I should be running by end of week.

Pete

Down pipe anyone???

<http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2116389>

Thumb_DSC_4596.JPG

Thumb_DSC_4552.JPG