HybridZ

Just EFI harness or the whole thing?

spineless

I'm in the middle of swapping a 1981 l28et into my 1981 n/a . I have both complete cars. The wiring makes me nervous. From all of the searches, I've found that I need to swap over the wiring harness and ECU. My question is do I just need to swap over the EFI part of the harness or the whole thing?

Also, I've done a little searching on Megasquirt and it looks like for the 1981 turbo, things are a little different concerning the distributor and CAS. Will the car run better than stock without having to do all of the mods for optimal timing advance(repositioning timing marks, etc) if I choose to attempt a MS install?

Any info specific to the 1981 l28et engine would be helpful.

Thanks

you want the injection harness! the 81 swap was covered, you'll have to search but it's here, as for megasquirt, it's benefits are most visible in the range of boost beyond stock so if you plan on upping the boost yes megasquirt will benefit you, and the megasqirt iwring to the megasquirt has been covered as well, use the search