HybridZ

RB25 tranny mount to the Z -- question

Lotus7

First of all thanks for Taylor and Jamie helping me in regards to the driveshaft spline.

Question---> My engine RB26dett is mounted to the 77 Z. I also have the RB25 tranny (not yet mounted). Can someone tell me if I have to modify or fabricate a tranny support? I still have the 280z support. I know for sure the RB25 is a bit longer than the Z tranny and it will not land in the same support spot where you can bolt them.

Thanks people

In my 78, I used the stock tranny crossmember and mount but cut the "ears" off the transmission tunnel. My friend made new ones and welded them a little farther back on the tunnel. We also welded a flat piece of steel on to the tunnel first to weld the new ears onto. This is a pic of Joel's setup. Mine is pretty much identical to his.

trannymount1.jpg

JT

In my 78' date=' I used the stock tranny crossmember and mount but cut the "ears" off the transmission tunnel. My friend made new ones and welded them a little farther back on the tunnel. We also welded a flat piece of steel on to the tunnel first to weld the new ears onto. This is a pic of Joel's setup. Mine is pretty much identical to his.

[img']http://www.speedshopthagard.com/pics/projects/RB26DETT/trannymount1.jpg[/img]

JT

Thanks Taylor.....really appreciate helping me and my kid with his project. The picture also help us a lot, atleast we can see the modification. Where do you buy the ears? I remember when I did my home trailer, I bought a kit, inside has two ears. I think I should go to the trailer shop and look for 2 ears.