HybridZ

Lash Pads for 0.460 Lift Cam?

z-ya

Depends on how much they had to grind off the stock cam. You are talking about a regrind, right?

If you go with a little thinner lashpad the lift will be slightly higher but the valve train noise will make it sound like a diesel.

A thicker lash pad will move the wipe pattern closer to the valve and reduce the slop at the lashpad/valve interface, therefore making the valvetrain quiet. But lift will be reduced slightly from less of a rocker arm ratio.

If you have access to a lathe, get 0.200" lash pad and cut each one to whatever size you need. I get mine from courtesy nissan for 3.00/each. I recently bought a set of 0.200" and used a carbine endmill to sink a 0.020" hole (3/8 diameter) in each of my lashpads which made them 0.180" thick. The countersink hole makes them like the factory lashpads. So, I had to use 0.180" thick lash pads to quiet down the valvetrain of a 0.440" cam.

If you don't like a diesel engine sound then get the 0.180" lashpads.

The correct way to do it is to check the wipe pattern on EACH rocker arm.

If you just by one size for all, they may not be the right ones for some.... it really depends on the guy that cut the valve seats and valve faces. If they were all done exactly the same, then your lucky to have to only by/install one thickness...

I understand that the correct way to know for sure is to check the wipe pattern. So I'll just order one of each from Courtesy and find out which one centers the wipe pattern in the center of the rocker arm. Then I'll order the remaining 11 of that size.

Thanks,

Pete