HybridZ

Reduce Jumping Noises

johnc

I am putting a 350sbc in my car and eventually the banks twin turbo set up. I am looking for a suspension set up that would be best for racing and the occasional street drive. I literally have no idea about any of them. I have read about some, and these on ebay but still i am clueless. any suggestions for an agressive set??

Cremmenga, are you familiar with our product line? We've got complete drivetrain/brake and suspension solutions. You'll definitely need a very stout driveline and responsive brake/suspension system for your build! Last Saturday we had a customer running 9.38 @ 149 in the 1/4 with a 1.337 60' , all possible only with our billet stub axles and companion flanges! He kicked all skyline and supra butt at his meet in Australia and he's in line for the national title now! Our suspension and brakes are well proven also, John Coffey's just installing the works on an autox build for a customer.

Drop us a direct email and we can certanily get you setup.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang it! Keith corrected my example above on a related post over at ZCAR.COM. I had the numbers wrong. That's why I dislike progressive or dual coil springs - my brain can't handle them.

Me thinks the result of two springs in series is 1/(1/k1 + 1/k2). Which would be 1(1/250 + 1/500) or 166 lb/inch. In your example, the 250 lb/in spring compresses 1 inch, and the 500 lb/in spring compresses 1/2 inch, as you say. That's 1.5 inch deflection for a load of 250 lb, or 250/1.5 = 166 lb/inch. Linear until you bottom one, of course.