HybridZ

California guys! Quick question!

SuperKid

Okay, this is going to sound stupid, but here goes: My mom was wondering if the leaves fall off of the trees during the fall. I told you it would sound stupid! But, if someone could answer this with a quick yes or no, I'd appreciate it. I'm assuming they do, but my mom thinks they may not because california doesn't have the temperature extremes like we have in Indiana. Thanks!

Yes they do.

In this part of the state they certainly do, so long as they are deciduous (sp?) and not evergreen. What you don't get are the wonderful explosions of color that cover the trees all over rolling hills and the like such as in other states back east. Those large areas of trees changing colors doesn't seem to happen here, because we don't have large deciduous forests typically. California DOES have quite a few evergreen forests that have a beauty all their own.

My $.02...

I'll be raking tomorrow.

Davy

Really depends on the tree. Some do certainly. Some change color too. For the most part it stays green here all winter though. Lemon trees don't loose there leaves. In fact it is winter when they are ripe. It took a while for me to get used to things since I am a new englander and now live in Oakland. I'd say it is 1/10th what the North East looses in leaves.

yeah, the same trees that drop leaves where you are, drop leaves here in san jose ca.

infact, for the past 19 years, i get to enjoy most of the neighbor's leaves. they blow up my driveway and if i'm lucky enough to have my garage door open ... you can guess the rest.

if you'd like further proof, i can send some of em to you.

fresh california fall leaves.

hmm, that sounds like an advertisement.

maybe we can start a business, sell em on ebay, along side that potato chip that looked like vigin mary LOL

california has many different climates in the same state.it could be 90 degrees in palm springs and -10 on mt shasta.on the same day.where i live its 1.25 hours to san francisco and 2 hours to tahoe.but dont move here-you make more money but it goes twice as fast.car insurence is double.a small house is $500k.gas is $.20 more becuase its low smog mix.then you will spend 2 hours a day on the freeway commuting because the town where you bought a cheap house has no work unless its minimum wage.

California is a big state. Oceans, deserts, mountains, forests just like Oregon, farm fields all through the central part of the state. Get a few miles from the ocean and it is a completely different climate

The area most people think of as "California" (LA-San Deigo) has the same leaves on the same trees year round. Not much green either. That is always what struck me when I would go back to the Midwest. Too much concrete and not enough green.