HybridZ

Desperate need of help

oinojo

is there anyone around North County (San Diego) that has installed their megasquirt? I am having trouble connecting from the computer to the ECU. I really need to get this car going and was hoping someone might have a stimulator i could borrow to see if the ECU is messed up.

I think i maybe able to help you out, I am am done installing my unit and am starting to tune it. The problems i had installing it and haveing it connect with the ecu are

First you have to use a real serial port, no USB to Serial, i have tried about 5 kinds and none of them work all the way, some wil let me see stuff but not let me upload anything.

If you have a real serial port or something you think may work, what i did to make sure my unit was working was, connect 12 volts right off the battery through a 2 amp fuse (i used an inline fuse) to the 12 volt main power on the unit, then connect a ground to just about any were on the top row, then connect the serial cable to the unit and to the computer, the computer should read something if your unit is not broken also the leds shold come on or alteast flash.

Also do you know if you have the right software, i had to have my budy help me out it was very confusing on what version to use.

Hope everything works outs

where are you located? because i really need like hands on help if possible. My unit flashes (d17,d18) constantly while on. The firmware was uploaded by http://www.diyautotune.com using extra24s9 firmware.

They told me to use msv2.25b531 but i dont believe that software is available anymore. I am using msv2.25b514, but they said that the extra.ini file they sent me should work.

I redid my wiring last night and i am still having the same problems. When the car is on, i can hear my fuel pump relay clicking and the fuel pump runs when the TB is @ WOT. I think theyre might be some kind of short in my unit.

I live in Santa Clarita, very Close to Six Flags. i am sorry but i do not have any time for any hands on help, finals are coming up and lots of work, so i will try to give you as much help online as i can.

Wow your TPS is messing with your fuel pump relay. I m not sure where to start. You may have the TPS hooked up wrong.

Good thing is your lds are flashing. Now does your car run at all, like with the v-8 map that comes with the unit.

I am for sure no expert on the Megasquirt but i will try and help you as much as i can

I live in Santa Clarita' date=' very Close to Six Flags. i am sorry but i do not have any time for any hands on help, finals are coming up and lots of work, so i will try to give you as much help online as i can.

Wow your TPS is messing with your fuel pump relay. I m not sure where to start. You may have the TPS hooked up wrong.

Good thing is your lds are flashing. Now does your car run at all, like with the v-8 map that comes with the unit.

I am for sure no expert on the Megasquirt but i will try and help you as much as i can[/quote']

nope, the motor doesnt run yet... but, my tps might be the cause. I found out my 240sx tps was broke so i got one from a 93 BMW 525i... i wasnt sure if it was a switched type. When i didnt have the TPS connected the MS still flashes.