HybridZ

How to tune for less turbo lag?

Thumper

Guest bastaad525

I kinda ran out of ideas for placement of my 1g dsm bov, so ended up putting it on the passenger side area, right off the side of the radiator on the passenger side. As a result, the hose going from my manifold to the BOV is sorta long, more than 2 feet. I had wondered if that had anything to do with it, but thought that 2 feet shouldn't be enough to cause anything like that.

Since this was my first turbo car, I always just kinda took the lag as being 'normal'. Only after I got my SRT-4 and saw how quick it spooled did I think "hmm okay maybe something is off here", and this thread just confirmed it. It sucks because I really wish I had known just how fast it was supposed to spool to begin with. I don't remember now, if it was always like this, or did it ever spool up as fast as everyone elses... like... before I installed the I/C, or the exhaust (was running an open DP for a while). I do remember feeling like it lagged a LOT more after the I/C install, but dont' remember noticing any difference after the exhaust.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic