HybridZ

GReddy Clear RB26DETT Timing Belt Cover

240Z_Master

do they fit the RB25 too? I think they are neat :)

Oh and if they do fit the 25' date=' I will take one[/quote']

I believe they do fit the RB25 but you have to cut a hole for the VTC on the intake cam gear. The RB25 has a curved valve cover and this is flat, because the RB26 doesn't have VTC.

• 2 weeks later...
A hole is not neccessary... however you are required to buy aftermarket cams which do not take advantage of the VTC (NVCS). and of course matching cam gears.

there is a chance RB26 cams fit/work' date=' but ofcourse they have a different profile.[/quote']

RB Camgears are all interchangeable, but Camshafts are different. I believe the RB26 Camshafts require the use of solid lifters and the RB25 has all hydraulic lifters.

Kind of like the old school P90 vs P90A head.

RB Camgears are all interchangeable' date=' but Camshafts are different. I believe the RB26 Camshafts require the use of solid lifters and the RB25 has all hydraulic lifters.

Kind of like the old school P90 vs P90A head.[/quote']

Well yes, but when we tried to put aftermarket cam gears on my buddys inlet camshaft we couldn't cos they have a funny bolt pattern i think it was?

he then upgraded to tomei cams and still had the problem so i dunno...

i really wanted one of these covers, but since a can't im jjust going the exposed look.

Well yes' date=' but when we tried to put aftermarket cam gears on my buddys inlet camshaft we couldn't cos they have a funny bolt pattern i think it was?

he then upgraded to tomei cams and still had the problem so i dunno...

i really wanted one of these covers, but since a can't im jjust going the exposed look.[/quote']

ApexI and HKS both make specific camshafts for the RB25DET.