HybridZ

Turbo question from a newbie

Guest snakeo2

Guest snakeo2

Hello all,

newbie here, if this question has been asked before, please forgive me, basically I recently bought a 74 260Z and in the process of restoring it to its glory days. I've decided to swap the engines and came across a guy here in miami that has 83 or 84 ZX Turboengine for sale. The catch is that the guy does not want to sell the Turbocharger. I was wondering what type of Turbocharger can I buy for this particular engine and is a reasonable price that I should expect to pay? Also would it be as simple as just buying the Turbocharger and bolted onto the engine? One last question, what would be the output (HP) of this engine with the turbocharger? After much thought I decided that it would be cheaper to buy this engine than to try rebuilding the stock engine that came with the car. Not to mention that I can get more power out of the engine I'm planning on buying with little modifications. Any advise will be appreciated.

Go to the turbo section under engine componets and read the turbo faq sticky at the top of the forum. This will give you alot of info if you are going in the turbo route. Also do a search, there is a ton of valuable information. The stock turbo was a t3 and the engine puts out around 180hp and 200lbs of torque. Welcome to the page, always search before you ask, its most likly been covered before. Good luck with the swap.