HybridZ

Twin Turbo Update

Well, it's taking longer than I thought it would, but the work just keeps pouring in, usually, I'm all done by Nov 15th and have pleanty of slack time to work on hotrods, but the unseasonably warm temps have the orders still coming. This cold blast really shut things down for awhile, but it looks to be nice next week.

Anyway, got a big contract for Dec/Jan that should net pleanty of dough to finish the TT engine and get the parts for the 434 build. The AFR 227 head pics are in my album, they look really nice. I've decided to buy a Eagle 4340 crank and some L19 Eagle 5.7 rods to finish the TT engine instead of going stock gm 1053 steel. Then the fabbing comes into play, have to raise the turbo's 2 inches just to clear the valve covers, which necessitates BOV replumbing as well. I think I'll put it in the Monte for now until I can fab up some exhaust to get clearance in the z. I ordered a blow through alky carb from C&S and I have the Banks gas holley as well. We'll start it on gas and then switch to alky later. Lots of little parts; roller lifters, roller rockers, gauges, wideband, laptop and other things to get just so I can tune it.

Then just so the z isn't left out in the cold, I'm going to go 4 inch stroke and some new pistons for the freshen on the 4 year old z engine, oh and I got a bigger cam as well 280/286 .679/.645 108LSA. The z needs more cage extended to the front frame rails, body work and painted, so we'll see if that gets done in '06. We'll keep you posted.